Nikki tagged me and I’m trying to play well with others this year, so here I go:
6 non-important things/habits/quirks about myself:
1. I think I have an attachment disorder to our living spaces. I worked in a home dec shop for a year and learned how to make all sorts of cool window treatments, but have managed to not make them for the majority of my windows for forever. Somewhere in the back of my mind I think we’ll be moving in a few years, so why bother? This has always proven to be true. I think if we make another move into a house we buy and I actually cover all the windows, we can call ourselves officially and completely home.
2. I have four girls and stink at fixing little girls’ hair. I’m a mess with hair bands and barrettes and can’t french braid to save my life.
3. When we got married, I had every color of keds imaginable, including a few great prints (great in the early to mid ninties…). I stored them in plastic shoe boxes on a top shelf in our 416 square foot cottage and they took up almost the whole wall. I now own about as many pairs of shoes as my kids and they all fit in my cubby, stored loose, not in boxes, just like the girls’.
4. I love peppermint ice cream.
5. I’ve read every Janette Oak book ever written. (I read these in elementary/junior high/high school, but I still own them and plan to introduce my girls to them at some point in the future, so I’m sure I’ll be reading them again.)
6. I can’t eat broccoli anymore and that makes me sad. Broccoli is my favorite veggie.