One Everything

Super E4

Lately we’ve been listening a lot to Here Come The 123s from They Might Be Giants. From the third song:

“There’s only one everything
Remember these words
There’s only one everything
And if you go out and count up everything
It all adds up to one”

This post is a random assortment of things that all add up to one; that is, one major jumble in my brain (we really like the album, by the way – personal favorites are One Dozen Monkeys and High Five!).

1. So I’ve mentioned we went through a period of fasting over some issues. It seems we’ve come to a few conclusions regarding those and, while I’m not sure I’m exactly EXCITED about the conclusions, I am at peace. And right now, peace is enough.

2. Switching workspaces with Craig last week, I’ve been a lot more crafty this week, but now the bedroom is in serious need of an overhaul because I’ve got little stacks, big stacks, and random piles in between (it’s a disease, you know). But, according to our family scrapbook, I’m done with my history class and Craig is through Greek. We’re also well into our first fall semester, and Millie is about to turn into 2. Good times.

3. I keep working away on my crazy quilt and have really been enjoying doing it by hand. I hauled the basket to a gathering tonight and sewed while talking. I’ve always needed something to attend to while in a social gathering (it used to be small babies, but for the past several years I’ve not had anything to hide behind; now it’s my sewing basket). I process better when I’m working on something and actually participated more in the conversation because I had a physical distraction.

4. I’ve been going through a biblical worldview curriculum with the girls for the past several weeks and have absolutely loved it. It was developed by Summit Ministries in Colorado. I found out about it from some friends of ours on staff with Summit, and bought it last fall when I was working on the worldview stuff for GWP. It wasn’t what I needed for that project, but I was still impressed with what they did and decided to go through it with the girls. It’s totally the worldview education I never got. Good stuff.

5. That’s all.  I’m going to bed now. Night!

80 thoughts on “One Everything

1. Candace Prosser says:

Hi Megan,
    I am a lurker whose husband actually found your blog and placed the link on my netvibes desktop. When we moved to OK from Texas five years ago my husband met Doug and Julie Serven at RUF, which led us to read Doug and Craig’s book, then later Matthew was looking for blogs of moms I could identify with and he went through all of the “ten degrees” and found Half Pint House. Now that we are in Maryland, I still continue to read. T

2. Keri says:

I don’t remember how I found you, but I’ve been a reader for quite a while. You can imagine my shock when I realized that our K’s were going to school together two days a week! I quit reading for a while because I felt like a voyeur and it didn’t seem right to know some of what was happening in your heart as I passed you in the hallway! However – I enjoy your sense of humor, share the pile-it-high disease, and appreciate your challenging insights, so I’m back.

3. agapesantos says:

I’m here… and love your blog. I have to read it in “glob”s becuase i just get busy and get behind. And I don’t blog every day either..
    I found your blog because of the newsletter on craig’s blog because you took time to come visit us 12+ years ago and share the navigator vision because you used to kid-sit my boys (and look God is good, He gave you Girls. Thank God He gave me Boys!!! ha, ha)

4. Mary Martha says:

I’m a lurker, but not really any kind of wierdo.
    Not exactly sure how I found your blog. I think I found your husbands blog first from “thirtysomeone” and came to you or I’m friends with April Barber…maybe from her???
    Thanks for sharing!
    MM

5. Christina says:

I’m a young mom who loves to read blogs of those a little farther down the road. My one daughter is turning 3 this week and I’m planning (have already semi-started) homeschooling. Originally from Chicago area, the oldest of 5 homeschooled children, I now live near St. Louis in Illinois. I’ve only been lurking since your daughter’s birthday party post but have been dedicated to reading all the blogs about Compassion etc. Thanks.

6. Bethany says:

Bethany Hansen – never met you, but I know several people you know, I think, by virtue of having lived in St. Louis and being in PCA circles. 🙂

7. corrie says:

i lurk you. caron is my sister in law. i didn’t know TMBG had a 123’s video…! my kid LOVES the ‘here comes the ABC’s’. will have to check it out!
    love your site. keep it up, yo.

8. Kristy says:

Hello Megan!
    I found you via my friend CaronE.
    We’re a homeschooling family from Omaha, with 5 at home, 14-9 years old.
    Confession: I’ve become a regular lurker, and enjoy HalfPintHouse tremendously! I pledge to come out of lurkdom and leave a note every once in a while… 🙂
    Blessings!

9. Candace Prosser says:

Hi Megan,

10. Keri says:

11. agapesantos says:

12. Mary Martha says:

I’m a lurker, but not really any kind of wierdo.
    Thanks for sharing!