The Dregs of the Candy Basket

Around here, Snickers and Reeses Peanut Butter Cups are the first to go. One week after Halloween and we’re left with Almond Joys, Whoppers, and Double Bubble.

What’s the first to go around your place?

11 thoughts on “The Dregs of the Candy Basket

1. RT says:

Kit Kat, Reese’s PB Cups, Almond Joy are all first to go. Dregs include anything non-chocolate. I am now wishing I hadn’t purchased that *extra* bag for the rush of trick-or-treaters that never showed up. Argh.

Oh yeah, I forgot you were a coco-nut. πŸ™‚ The Kit Kats went pretty fast too. And Crunch Bars. You can have the Almond Joys – none of us will touch them.

3. Kristy says:

Confession- I only buy candy I really like and candy that I don’t really like- so the good stuff is chocolate and the lingerings are Smarties. The kids devoured the Lifesaver Gummies this year. I’m with coco-nuts- I’ll take your Almond Joys, too!
    Blessings!

4. Kara Tippetts says:

I don’t like candy…so most of it is still here. But one love I do have is Almond Joy. Everyone around here knows to load my kids down with it. A friend asked me if my kids liked them. I said, “they have no idea, they have never been quick enough to know.” The only time of year that stealing is okay.
    I’m about to throw all of mine out. I’m tired of the constant asking for candy. I remember back in the day when I took it to my room, it was mine, mine mine, and I was given complete liberty to eat as much as I wanted. What were they thinking? Maybe that’s why I have so many fillings.

5. Jen says:

Almond Joys? BLEH. First to go would be Reeses Peanut Butter Cups and then anything chocolate (aside from the Almond JOy/Mounds duos)… I LOVE ME SOME WHOPPERS.
    My daughter and her Daddy dig the gummy candies or the sour candies. Me? I like it all, but I hide the chocolate in my pillow case. πŸ™‚

6. Keri says:

Butterfingers. Usually before I go to bed on trick or treat night. Otherwise I can usually leave the rest alone.
    And I agree with Kara – I’m about to throw most of the rest out because I’m tired of being nagged about when they can have their next piece.