A couple of my blogging buddies have been doing this for a while. Though it is now Saturday, I thought I’d go ahead and do this for today. Go here for more info on 7 Quick Takes Friday.
1. Today is my mom’s birthday. Happy Birthday, Mom!
2. We drove to Centralia, IL on Thursday night to be present for visitation and services of Craig’s grandfather both Thursday night and Friday. It was a good time of remembrance and time with family.
3. As we were “off” yesterday this week feels like it has two Saturdays. I love weeks with two Saturdays.
4. Maddie’s earrings are not doing so well. I noticed last night that the little silver balls were all the way inside her ears and it’s freaking me out a little. I received a little counsel via Facebook comment love, but I’m still concerned. I’m tempted to go buy some bigger earrings and change them out but I keep hearing that’s not a good idea. What to do, what to do?
5. We had a good three days of school last week. I’m waiting on some software to arrive for my Mac that will allow me (Craig, really, because I’m not allowed to install anything on my computer, remember?) Once that happens I will input my lesson plans for the fourth time this school year. I sincerely hope it’s the last time I have to do that this year.
6. Our Classical Conversations group begins again on Monday. We’re meeting at a new location and we’re all ready for some structure to show us the way again.
7. I’m about to finish my first book of the year and my first fiction story in a long time. It feels good to be back. Stay tuned for a new 2009 list to be started. I should have some fun children’s books to add to it very soon because I’m enrolled in Jerram Barrs’ Childrens Literature class this semester and am seriously looking forward to it.
That’s it for my quick takes. Hope you all have a great weekend!