In keeping with tradition, though, I have to say I wouldn’t mind attending this one either. Craig, you have a teacher in-service that Friday. We could totally make this work. *wink*
2. Having said that, I’m not exactly looking forward to spending all day this Saturday in a training meeting for Classical Conversations directors. Granted, it will be better than the way I went through training last year – six hours on the phone – but I’m rather dreading the time, actually. Okay, dread is a strong word. Maybe I should say instead that I’d rather spend that time with my sister and her family. That’s where my girls will be. I’ll be sleeping there two nights but won’t get a lot of time with them and that makes me sad.
3. And all that leads up to this: Craig rented a man movie for tomorrow night and invited some guys to come over here and watch it with him. That just cracks me up on so many levels. Here’s to them and the leftover chili they plan to eat for dinner tomorrow night. More power to them. Please get all those movies out of your system before the girls and I come back on Sunday. *grin*
4. I’m considering declaring March “Spring Break Month”. Anyone with me on this?
5. I have no idea why this happens, but I’m continually surprised by the amount of laundry generated by my family. I don’t have a good system right now which means that every six days or so somebody comes to me worried because she no longer has any pants to wear. Every time this happens I’m all, “Really? Already? Didn’t we just go through this last week?” I then scramble to wash everything we have in the house. I spend an entire day folding it and putting it away. I then retreat back into my normal state of laundry denial for the next five or six days. Wash, rinse, repeat. I have a college degree. You’d think I could figure this out by now.
6. It’s still only February, yet I’m already dreaming about when it will be warm enough to go camping again. Camping! As if going once makes us experts or something. But when you’ve had as many bad vacation attempts as our family has had, only to have one of the first really good ones be a camping trip, you sort of want to go again. The girls do too. I’m thinking April. Think that’s too early?
7. The YMCA homeschool swim class has been one of the best things we’ve participated in. The first time we did this I met two of my neatest friends, both of whom I still do stuff with. Our kids all like each other. It’s nice. We then took a year off and rejoined last month. It’s happening again. Something happens at the Y while the kids are swimming and the moms just wait around and start talking. It’s a good investment on several levels. That one is a keeper, me thinks.