Public Service Announcement

I just opened my phone bill and noticed it was higher than it usually is. I wondered why because we hadn't made an exorbitant amount of phone calls this month. I noticed a charge for one "Residential Email" for the amount of $14.95.

There was a number next to that charge to call. This company is not affiliated with our phone company (AT&T) yet somehow sneaks its charge onto the phone bill. When I called about it they claimed I signed up for an account on their website. I assured them I never did. They gave me my name, my address, my phone number – all correct. They also gave an email address – this one NOT correct. Somebody else signed us up on this account fraudulently and we were charged. If I hadn't read our bill this month we would have continued to get charged.

I'm hopping mad and don't know what to do about it. They said they canceled the amount on our bill, but did not take any responsibility for the matter. It is Monday and Mondays are my long days. I'm tired and I want to take a bite out of somebody. That somebody today is Residential Email.

Note to Residential Email: Back off, Barbie. I'm in no mood for your stupid games. I will find out what I have to do to get you reported.

That is all.

7 thoughts on “Public Service Announcement

1. Leslie says:

Get em sister. That just cracked me up for some reason. I am not laughing at your sorrows, just your literary spin on the situation.
    Your sister’s friend,
    Leslie

2. Catherine says:

That’s really bad! If I were you I’d be going crazy – fuming, frothing at the mouth, wanting revenge — all those good and noble things.
    Hope and pray you get it sorted.

The thing that really burned me up was that their response continued to be, “We took the charge off your account. What more do you want from us?”
    I wanted them to take responsibility for wrong-doing. I wanted them to say sorry. I wanted them to acknowledge a mistake. They never did. That was what burned my bacon.
    I’m feeling better about it at the moment, though. *sheepish grin*

4. Mom says:

Oh, my, You are such “My” girl. This very thing happened to us last year.
    Since I worked for and retired from AT&T, I don’t think I ever really examined their bill every month. But like you, mine seemed a little high. Someone had signed me up via email, to an online phone company and then authorized AT&T to bill me. So I got out some earlier bills. This had been happening for 4 months and I just hadn’t caught it. Between the online phone company and AT&T, about 7 calls later I was assured I was given credit. No, “I’m sorry this happened” or “………..”. I did check my next bill. All but one month had been credited. So I made 2 more calls. It was fixed!
    Now I look at all my bills with a magnifier. Bills from my knee replacement a coming in. Does someone one want to help me scrutinize them?

5. martha10 says:

i feel like a good answer to the question, “What more do you want?” would be the jarring answer BLOOD! but even then it would probably not get their attention. they jst don’t get it. i don’t think people get customer service training anymore like they once did. and let’s face it, apologizing is not really part of our culture. m

6. Christy says:

No offense to Mom, but I hate AT&T with a passion. I’ve had numerous things like this happen in the last 17 years since I moved out on my own. It makes my blood boil. I thought I was free when I moved to TN but alas, after a few years the major phone company here was bought out by none other than AT&T. As soon as the switch happened, I started having trouble again. Although I know cell phones cause health issues, we are canceling our land line with AT&T this week and keeping our cell phones for now. Going to experiment with some online freebies to supplement the cell phones. Go get ’em, girl. Or talk with your wallet.