- If someone would invent a dust sucking machine that you just turn on in a corner somewhere and keep it on and all the dust makes its way over to said machine instead of on every other flat surface in the room, I would buy one. For every room.
- I resolve to not buy any magazines this year. I don't read them and they make me feel guilty.
- This quote: "Not knowing is a scary place. If it could be mapped, it would be plotted right in the middle nowhere. It would include wilderness and a ghost town…complete with ghosts. I am telling you it is scary place so that when you arrive, you will not be as scared as you would be if you had not known. And you will most likely get there if you have not already driven through its environs." – Read more at Scribo Facio Noto – I've been thinking about this post a quite a bit this week.
- Christan ends her thoughts on the Voyage of the Dawn Treader with this: "Dear ones, may you see your Redeemer today as the One capable of making you new rather than your resolutions. May you have hope that your heart will be renewed – rather than your body or your organizational skills or your circumstances. It is your heart, indeed, that is promised restoration by His sometimes painful grace." – I needed to read that today.
- Becky lists off some good stuff she found at Desiring God today. It's worth a read.
- I just discovered I'm 3.75 years behind in our family scrapbooks. This makes me feel super awesome. I sort of want to make the move toward digital, but need to see someone do it before I'm comfortable going that direction. I want to see a completed book too. I don't want to waste all this time on something only to not like how it turns out in the end.
- Opt Out En Masse talks about reversing the consumer mentality – in ourselves and in our kids. Ouchie. Hat tip to Growing Kids Well.
- I've managed to clean/purge three full rooms this week and half of two others. And my house still needs an overhaul. Must do my desk area/dumping ground next.
- Corrin is starting something new for 2011 by forming a writing community with writing prompts. Part of me wants to join it, part of me knows I'll start and then drop out. That's what I do.
- Somehow I have a need to start everything fresh today, but I'm scared of failing at it all yet again.
And that's where I'm at on this chilly Saturday, January 1, 2011.
Happy New Year.
7 thoughts on “Random Thoughts Vol. 1, No. 1”
I used to be a creative memories consultant, so this may shock you: I don’t scrapbook anymore.
I upload all our photos along as we go thru the year. Then at the end of the year I pick about 75 of the year’s BEST and upload to shutterfly/snapfish/whatever and make a $40 album. It’s easy, professional looking and removes ALL my guilt.
I love shutterfly books! I’ve mAde a bunch and they all look great. And you can find great coupons, too. That is what I’m doing for judah’s baby book.
@Llindsey- That is a brilliant idea! I have “stuff” to scrapbook and love the “idea” of it but I’ve only managed to do a couple pages. I get stuck with indecision, perfectionism, no desire, and yes, guilt…. I will have to remember the album book. LOVE IT!
child, you have too many things hounding you. let a few go. simplify. you will love it. your life is crazy. i’ve been there and in some ways am headed there again. i need to simplify in different ways. you are in my prayers.
Glad you are joining up! No pressure. Just fun. The posts can be really short. I think the winner for the shortest post so far is Clif with about four sentences. He was in a funk when he wrote it 🙂
I can totally relate to your post!!! I know we are not to feel guilty but it is hard. I do love the suggestion about putting a year into a book.
Second set of prompts is ready.