…Who’s the weariest of us all?
I am CERTAINLY not claiming the title of weariest of us all, not by a long shot. But this has been the June that has officially kicked us in the pants and we’re pretty much ready for it to be over already.
Here’s a quick recap:
- My husband and I went to upstate New York for a weekend conference and I coordinated the mother of all childcare plans for our four kids whom we left behind for that weekend. It was a fast and furious weekend, not so much on the relaxing side, but a really great trip. Just really exhausting too.
- Right after that I coordinated our all-school resale event, the planning of which took the better part of that next week. The event itself took all day Friday and Saturday.
- Immediately after that our good friends from St. Louis came to visit us for a week. We wish they would just move here to Oklahoma City already.
- Then one of our teachers got married.
- Then our whole family went to the ACCS conference in Dallas for five days.
- We got home from that and discovered Colorado Springs was on FIRE. We lived there for 13 years and half of our hearts are still there. The camp my husband directed for much of that time was almost destroyed. It was a very emotional and tense week. In the midst of that we went on a 3-day trip with another family which was good for a hundred different reasons.
- We just got back from that and now have a handful of significant household issues to deal with. We just need to be home longer than 45 seconds in order to deal with them.
Why am I telling you all of this? It’s because we need a break, y’all. A little break.
Mirror, Mirror is just what the doctor is ordering. I haven’t seen it yet, but all of my girls have. We just got a copy in the mail along with some goodies to host a little Mirror, Mirror Spa Party. I’m thinking one of those foot massager things very well may be on the event list that night. *grin*
I’ll be back with an update on the fun things we do at the party really soon!
One thought on “Mirror, Mirror On the Wall…”