I am the Savvy Blogging Summit Attendee who:
- Has not updated her blog in a whole week.
- Has kept a blog longer than anyone else in the room.
- Has done less professionally with her blog than anyone else in the room.
- Had her introvert show up for dinner at the Mexican restaurant we went to tonight.
- Realized upon arrival yesterday that she had forgotten everyone’s swimsuit but her own. Ahem.
- Actually got in the hot tub tonight with her four kids (they in shorts/t-shirts).
- Got back out 30 minutes later and remembered it’s cold in the mountains at night.
- Walked out of the session on CSS and seriously considered 1) switching back to WordPress and 2) hiring a professional blog designer.
- Walked out of the session on professional business law and seriously considered 1) hiring a lawyer and 2) canning the whole blog altogether.
- Will forever be remembered by everyone in attendance when they listen to the audio recordings of every session and hear her coughing. And coughing. And coughing.
- Got schooled by another blogger on the proper pronunciation of the word “niche.”
- Looked it up online later and decided she was going to keep pronouncing it the way she’s always been because Professor Google doesn’t lie.
- Don’t tell her otherwise. She doesn’t’t want to know.
- Had a serious deadline due on Wednesday.
- Knows it’s Friday and still hasn’t finished it.
- Can’t stop coughing.
- Only got 3 hours of sleep last night and is about to die.
- Is going to bed really really soon.
14 thoughts on “Yes, I Am *That* Conference Attendee”
I’m sorry that it’s been rough, Megan. I’m praying that after a good night’s sleep, things look brighter for you tomorrow.
If it helps, I was very overwhelmed by some of the things I learned today. I was asking myself, “Why am I here?” I think that once we get home and back into our routines, ideas will come and we can implement them one at a time.
Get some sleep!!!
Meghan, I am crying I’m laughing so hard at this post! Hilarious. Especially since I was there when you were “schooled” this morning.
AND you are that conference attendee that brought the cutest ever business card holders! Thanks again!
So absolutely thrilled I’ve gotten to hang out with you some. 🙂
Well, I say “niche” so it rhymes with “quiche”. Oh, who am I kidding? I never say it. But I would totally say it that way if I actually had one.
Loved chatting with you at dinner. So sorry you are a litle under the weather, and for what it’s worth, I think the niche think is sort of like tomato tomAHto. Like how some people say short lived and some say it with a long I. Or Route/Route 🙂
Loved this post! Thanks for your honesty! I felt so bad when you were having that coughing fit on the first night. 😦
Oh, and for the record – you already know my stance on the whole niche pronunciation, and I think you’re just fine. I had never, ever heard it pronounced to rhyme with quiche until I started hanging out with bloggers. LOL 😉
Look! I have comments! Yay!
The blasted cough is still sticking around, but at least I doubled the amount of sleep I got from the first night…
i laughed so hard when i was reading your blog today that i tho’t i’d fall off the couch! re the cough: maybe it turns out you are allergic to colorado after all, you know, with all that fresh air, aspen trees, beauty:) your body has adjusted so well to city life in st. louis that it just couldn’t take it. well, either that or the altitude!
re niche: we were in dallas for the day yesterday and i bo’t a blogging for dummies book so i could read about it w/o needing a computer. i was reading aloud to my husband in the car so i actually had to pronounce the word. we got into a discussion re the correct pronunciation and laughingly observed that it might be the way angie and smockity described, but we just can’t do it with a straight face…or w/o felling like we’re putting on airs.
at least if i know you will be in the building, i could go to the relevant conference and find someone who could intrepret? still trying to decide…and learn to be brief:( not today.
niche = nitch around these here parts.
Well goodness now I wonder if I pronounce it right. I have always pronounced it to rhyme with B*tch! Am I right or wrong? Anyway it sounds like the conference was thought provoking any way you look at it! LOL
Hey, at least you’re at a conference about blogging. That alone impresses me!
I love the business card holder, but now feel bad that you hauled the machine with you.
I really enjoyed meeting you and your girls at dinner last night.
P.S. Really, someone “schooled you?
i hope someday she will be wise enough to be embarassed.
I’m assuming that someone told you that it’s “neesh”? Because I hate it when people say it that way. I’m all for the hick pronunciation of “nitch.”
Also – I have done WAY less professionally with my blog than anyone else who was there, too. So we were in the same boat!